Home / Borno / Nigerian army disconnects phone lines in Borno state

Nigerian army disconnects phone lines in Borno state

The Nigerian army has disconnected telephone lines in Borno state as officers of the armed forces continue raiding camps of the Boko Haram group.

The latest shutdown is the first since the army carried out a similar exercise last year, which lasted about six months until services were restored on December 3, 2013 and led to legal action.

According to the spokesman of the 7-Division of the Nigerian Army, Muhammed Dole, the decision was made as a military strategy at fighting Boko Haram.

“We all know the inconveniences that this might have brought, but it is a necessary and temporary measure that will not take long time,” he said.

He urged residents of the state to see the disconnection as a necessary sacrifice.

“Everyone has to make sacrifices in the cause of bringing back the much desired lasting peace.”

Borno, like Yobe and Adamawa, has been under emergency rule since May 2013.

Image courtesy of Shutterstock.

Source

About admin

Check Also

Borno APC chapter rejects plans to woo Sheriff back to ruling party

– The alleged planned move to woo Senator Ali Modu-Sheriff back to the APC has …

NSCDC Sets Special Squad For Bama, Borno State

Abuja – The Nigeria Security and Civil Defense Corps (NSCDC) said on Tuesday that it has …

Humanitarian Coordinator in Nigeria strongly condemns attacks on civilians in Borno State

(New York, 19 September 2017): The Humanitarian Coordinator in Nigeria, Mr. Edward Kallon, strongly condemns …

Suicide attack kills at least 15 in Nigeria’s Borno state

Sept. 18 (UPI) — A suicide attack at an aid distribution point in northeastern Nigeria’s …

Close
Please support the site
By clicking any of these buttons you help our site to get better